Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Here we Go

So, in a bid to replace the void left by all things game – and after discussing the benefits of journal-ling with my mentor and wife – I have decided to attempt entering regular entries to this blog.

‘how regular is regular?’, I hear you ask. Great question. When I figure it out I’ll tell you.

For elusidative purposes, let me briefly explain my current resolve in quitting games: I like gaming. Too much. I literally spend all my free time gaming or thinking about games. I suck at self-discipline and if I don’t quit gaming, it is my firm belief that I wont be successful at anything I put my hand to. The thought of not accomplishing anything at the end of the days that God gives me is nauseating. It’s close to the idea of becoming a dirty old man.

Kicking the desire for gaming is going to take a few things.
1) Prayer
2) Analyzing which desire I’m trying to fulfill when I game so that I can replace it with the correct desire.
3) Accountability
4) Replacing the old habits with new, better, God-honouring habits.
5) Perseverance
6)Other things that don’t occur to me right now.

I realize that beyond this little list is a yearning heart that wants to satisfy itself with something other than the only thing that can ultimately satisfy itself; namely, everything that God is to me in Christ.
the List will merely help me as I struggle through the process, but eventually, as my heart’s true desire is exposed, I will be able to address the root problem. Deo Volente.

No comments:

Post a Comment